It is with great pleasure that Archery Victoria has re-launched the 2022 Indoor Grand Prix series.
This series has not been contested for more than 10 years and it seems fitting that we launch into some new (or old) initiatives as we relaunch our sport following COVID.
This series complements our other Grand Prix events and provides focus and concentration on indoor archery skills.
The Indoor Grand Prix series will run from 1 Apr 2022 to 31 Aug 2022
The following criteria apply to this Grand Prix series:
- * All financial members of Archery Victoria are eligible to compete in this Grand Prix series.
- * All Indoor (WA18m) Qualifying and Ranking Events (QREs) and Indoor Tournaments held between 1 Apr 22 and 31 Aug 22 will be considered to be Indoor Grand Prix events (with the exception of the National and State Indoor Championships in July 2022).
- * Registered alfresco events (indoor rounds shot at an outdoor range) are also part of this series.
- * All events must be registered with Archery Australia.
- * All events must be advertised on the Archery Victoria website.
- * All the normal rules for the conduct of Indoor events must be applied to this series.
- * Wherever possible, a National Judge should officiate at these events.
- * All divisions recognised by Archery Victoria (including Joeys) will be contested in this series.
- * Athletes may contest any division in which they would normally be eligible to compete.
- * An athlete’s top 4 scores will be considered when determining the winners of the Grand Prix series.
- * All scoring must be entered into Archer’s Diary.
- * Athletes may be required to lodge their scores via a web portal – this will be confirmed shortly and details provided.
- * The Archery Victoria State Recorder will regularly publish the ongoing results of this series via the Archery Victoria website.
We encourage you all to be part of this Grand Prix series of events. Keep an eye on the Archery Victoria website for eligible events.
Should you have any questions in relation to this series please seek guidance from your club first. Where necessary your club will liaise with Archery Victoria on any details required.