Coaching is an integral part of every archer learning the craft of Archery, and it is therefore vital that Coaches and coaching standards are attained and maintained at the highest level possible.
In Victoria, the AV Coaching Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of Coaches for the State, and organises all Coaching related administration on a needs basis.
Currently, the AV Coaching Coordinator is Irene Norman, and inquiries relating to Coaching can be made directly via phone or email (see Contact Us tab).
The Archery Australia National Coaching Program provides an integrated Pathway Program for both archers and coaches.
There are three coaching levels available to members.
Archery Australia also offers accreditation to non-members such as private archery operators, schools camps and similar. Please refer to the ‘Becoming an Instructor‘ section of this website.
The Club Coach course is designed to teach archery instructors the finer details and aspects of archery.
You must be an Archery Instructor to complete this course – preferably with at least 2 years experience at the Archery Instructor level.
This is a two day course.
Please register your interest at : email@example.com
Costs for this course will vary and are still to be confirmed.
Club Coach courses can be conducted by a Club, RGB or Archery Australia, and the course presenters must be accredited to a level higher than the course being delivered.
Regional Coach and High Performance Coach courses are conducted by the Archery Australia High Performance Program.
Always ensure Coaches at all levels have up to date Coaching Accreditation with Archery Australia.
RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING
Archery Australia may recognise prior learning for Instructors and Coaches obtained from another National Federation where –
* The National Federation is a current member of World Archery.
* The applicant provides a copy of documents supporting the coaching accreditation from the National Federation.
* The applicant to provide details of the course curriculum, course structure and course content from the National Federation from whom they obtained coaching accreditation.
* The course curriculum, course structure and course content must be compatible with Archery Australia coaching standards.
* The applicant provides a detailed resume of their background and experience, Archery Australia reserves the right to make contact with the applicants National Federation seeking further information.
* The applicant may be required to also attend an interview and assessment by Archery Australia Coaching or High Performance Committee and /or undertake an instructor/coach reaccreditation exam.
To be able to become or remain a Coach you will need to hold a current Working With Children Check.
Reaccreditation of Coaches (all levels)
To be re-accredited as an Instructor or Coach you will need to complete the following document.
A variety of coaching booklets are available for download.